Baltimore Public Schools
- $1,067,015,417 combined revenue and expenditures budget for FY 2005
- 108,015 students
- 3rd largest school system in Maryland
- 162 schools (including 103 elementary, 27 middle, 26 high, 1
middle/high, and 5 special education)
- 17,000 employees including 8,200 teachers
- 27,123 students in magnet schools
- 28,319 volunteers
- Nearly 15.5 million square feet of building space
- 14 million miles logged each year transporting students
- 10.5 million nutritious meals served in schools annually
- All populations of students - including those of every race and
ethnic background, those in special education programs, those receiving free
and reduced meals, and those for whom English is a second language - showed
gains on the 2004 Maryland School Assessment in reading and math.
- 140 of 162 BCPS schools made Adequate Yearly Progress according to the
Maryland State Department of Education.
- 9.6% of high school students took Advanced Placement (AP) exams in 2003 -
2004 compared with only 1.7% in 1989-1990.
- As the AP participation rate has climbed, BCPS has maintained a pass rate
(now at 71.2%) higher than the global pass rate of 62%.
- The percentage of BCPS students taking the SAT (52% of the class of 2004)
exceeds the national rate and has risen for three consecutive years.
- BCPS students have exceeded the national average for combined SAT scores
for four consecutive years.
Baltimore Schools |
Apartment Search Tips |
Local Phone Numbers |
Baltimore Utilities |
Apartment Rent Tips
Hunter's Check List |
Apartment Moving Tips |
Apartment Packing Tips |
Apartment Moving Day
Baltimore Restaurants |
Baltimore Newspapers |
© Copyright 2001 - 2013 All Rights Reserved.
We do business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing law. (Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988).Some of the content on on this website has been secured from outside sources. We believe it to be reliable, however, we make no representation or warranty, expressed or implied , as to the accurrent Rental information is subject to change with or without prior notification.